A assist system will usually embody members who perform in several methods. In some instances, members tackle quite a lot of roles, whereas different members could provide one particular sort of assist. The following consists of some varieties of assist system members you could discover useful.
• Role fashions are a supply of worthwhile details about the optimistic and adverse features related to the problem. This could also be an individual who has efficiently managed his or her diabetes whereas residing with the ups and downs.
• Friends are those that aren’t relations who present camaraderie, together with a extra goal perspective. They may additionally take pleasure in a few of your similar pursuits.
• Helpers are individuals you may rely upon to supply help in troubled occasions. They are sometimes consultants in fixing specific sorts of issues. You could understand your diabetes care staff members and others akin to neighborhood well being employees, case managers and your pharmacy the place you acquire your diabetes medicines and provides on this position.
• Challengers are people who may also help encourage you to higher perceive diabetes, develop expertise and be taught extra. Your diabetes educator, a licensed health-care skilled akin to a nurse, dietitian, or pharmacist, may also help you be taught to handle your diabetes by working with you to develop a plan and provide the instruments and ongoing assist that will help you keep wholesome.
• Referral brokers have experience in neighborhood sources that join you with the suitable contacts or instruments wanted for diabetes self-management.
Adapted from: Seashore, C. Developing and Using Personal Support Systems. The University of Oklahoma Anne and Henry Zarrow School of Social Work. Accessed March 2017.